Planning for a stronger, more resilient North Queensland
Part 2 - Wind resistant housing
This Guideline provides recommendations on what you should consider to ensure that your home is repaired and rebuilt to meet current standards for wind loads associated with cyclones and other severe wind events such as thunderstorms.
This guideline is intended to:
- Advise you as a home owner of key issues associated with rebuilding, repairing and maintaining your home as your reside in an area prone to severe wind conditions associated with tropical cyclones and storms
- Provide guidance to assist in ensuring design outcomes are compatible with the tropical climate, the character of the local area and the needs of the residents and
- Outline the approvals process including building certification.
Download Print-Ready Version
- Part 1- Rebuilding in storm tide prone areas - Tully Heads and Hull Heads - provides advice on housing construction and rebuilding in storm tide prone areas.
- CSIRO Flood Damage Advisor - online Flood Damage Advisor which provides advice on repairing flood damaged buildings.
- Repair Your House After a Flood - Building Codes Queensland have developed a fact sheet to provide advice on how best to repair your home after a flood, including a list of water resistant building materials