Get Ready Queensland - for councils
- About Get Ready Queensland
- Council grants
- Guidelines, Funding Agreement, and plan of activities
- Co-branded advertising resources
- Co-branded print materials and collateral
- Branding Guidelines and logos
- Media protocol and social media acknowledgement
- Administration of Get Ready Queensland
Get Ready Queensland is about building our resilience to deal with the extreme weather and natural disasters that are part of living in our state. Its aim is to make Queensland the nation’s most disaster resilient state.
Resilience is about more than just good preparation or effective responding. It is about accepting that extreme weather is part of living in Queensland, and preparing to handle it accordingly.
The program provides a total of $2 million in Queensland Government funding to help local governments improve their communities’ resilience and aligns with QRA’s mission to make Queensland the most disaster resilient state in Australia.
Get Ready Queensland Week 2018 is October 8-14.
Councils have been advised in writing of their respective approved funding amount for the 2018-19 Get Ready Queensland program.
- The Get Ready Queensland Guidelines 2018-19 (PDF, 1.9 MB) provide a program overview and information about eligibility, desired outcomes, branding and funding conditions.
- Funding is conditional on your organisation submitting a Plan of Activities (.xml, 881 KB) for approval by 14 September 2018, and abiding by the requirements of the terms and conditions of the Funding Agreement and the Program Guidelines.
Councils are encouraged to use the co-branded advertising templates and resources to promote Get Ready Queensland key messages and initiatives in their newsletters and/or local press. The design file template allows for council logos to be added.
An online Get Ready Queensland portal has been set up to provide an option for councils to order print materials and collateral for delivery. Dynamic templates have been provided to allow for councils to upload their logo for co-branding. To make alternate print arrangements for Get Ready Queensland please refer to the Get Ready Queensland branding guidelines and logos.
Access the Get Ready Queensland portal.
All disaster preparedness activities delivered using 2018-19 Get Ready Queensland Program funding must use the Get Ready Queensland name, logo and branding. Please refer to the Get Ready Queensland Key messages and branding guidelines (PDF | 3.4 MB)
Where possible use the Get Ready Queensland logo with website address as a call to action.
The Get Ready Queensland namestyle logos are available for download via zip file.
If you have any queries about Get Ready Queensland branding and use of logos please contact Get Ready Queensland team on (07) 3008 7202 or via email to email@example.com.
Get Ready Queensland branded resources for councils:
- GRQ email banner – bushfire (.png, 102KB)
- GRQ email banner – flood (.png, 90KB)
- GRQ email banner – storm (.png, 77KB)
- Generic posters and postcards via zip file
- Fact sheets via zip file
- Powerpoint templates via zip file
- Word document templates via zip file
Councils and state government agencies undertaking media for the Get Ready Queensland program are requested to send details of scheduled media events and media releases to firstname.lastname@example.org
Councils should recognise the Get Ready Queensland program through the social media accounts by proactively arranging photographs and social media posts for Get Ready Queensland activities and initiatives and applying the social media hashtag and tagging the Get Ready Queensland social media accounts:
Social media tile images and Facebook cover images for councils to promote Get Ready Queensland through Twitter and Facebook are available for download (.zip)
In August 2017, the Queensland Reconstruction Authority (QRA) assumed administrative responsibility for the Get Ready Queensland grant program from the (then) Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning (DILGP).
Last updated on 17 August 2018
Useful contacts and links